Property managers are faced with a multitude of environmental challenges ranging from hazardous materials management and indoor air quality to energy efficiency and green building design. Building occupants are increasingly more aware of potential environmental issues and demand comfortable and pristine indoor environmental conditions.
Hazardous materials management involves proactively overseeing and handling hazardous building materials in accordance in applicable local, state and Federal regulations to minimize risk to building occupants and the surrounding community. From Asbestos & Lead sampling to preparing an operations & maintenance program Ecothink Group has the expertise to manage the Hazardous Materials program for clients of all sizes. Whether it’s a portfolio of buildings or a handful of buildings throughout – we can help.
Hazardous Materials Management activities consist of:
- Performing a building survey to determine what kind of hazardous materials are present in each building
- Preparing reports to inform the necessary parties on the findings
- Providing recommendations based on client objectives & goals
- Monitor all work related to hazardous building materials
- Manage contractors that are performing abatement of hazardous building materials
- Create bid documents, coordinate job walks & manage performance
Individuals can spend approximately 90% of their time indoors. Inadequate ventilation can increase indoor pollutant levels by not bringing in enough outdoor air to dilute emissions from indoor sources and by not carrying indoor air pollutants out of the building. Sources that can result in indoor pollution can include asbestos, mold, carbon monoxide (CO), formaldehyde / pressed wood products, nitrogen dioxide (NO2), pesticides, secondhand smoke / environmental tobacco smoke, vehicle exhaust and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) used in paints and lacquers.
High temperature and humidity levels can also increase concentrations of some pollutants. Ecothink group can establish proactive programs and procedures to prevent IAQ issues from emerging. Ecothink can also investigate IAQ complaints and offer solutions.
Ecothink group can develop site spefic proactive programs and effectively implement them including providing training. Services and programs include:
- Due Diligence (Phase I & II)
- Water Quality Testing
- Legionella Testing and Risk Assessments
- Air Quality Testing
- Mold Inspections
- Surface contamination testing
- Specific contaminant testing (PCB, mercury, etc.)
- Asbestos and Lead Surveys
- Operations and Maintenance Programs (Asbestos)
- Flood response
- Sewage Contaminant Testing
- Benchmarking / Metrics Programs
- Energy Efficiency Audits
- Water Efficiency Audits
- LEED Certification
- Energy Star Management